22 February 2015

The System Programmer's Creed

10    The Kernel is my supervisor, I shall not enter Ring Zero.

20    It maketh me to write well-formed code; it leadeth me to respect the hardware.

30    It restoreth my stability: it leadeth me down the paths of protected memory for the sake of its drivers.

40    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of panics, I shall fear no segfault: for the Kernel is with me; its spinlocks and its syscalls comfort me.

50    It preparest an API before me in the presence of mine kludges: it escalates my privileges; my nice value is negative twenty.

60    Surely uptime and free memory shall follow me all the days of my career; and I will code in harmony with the Kernel forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome. Please keep them professional, courteous, and respectful of the blog author and of other commentors.